Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rudy

Just got done watching the movie Rudy on television....Man, that movie does something to me!!  It takes me back to my Michigan State days....back to a time when my getting accepted to a university of that caliber really meant the world to me.  And so, along with the memories of being there, come the memories of leaving there after a year and never going back.  How embarrassing....How humiliating.  What was I thinking?!?!  I wasted that entire year.....It was one of the best years of my life but screwing up my chance at that education is something that has haunted me ever since.  It's probably the biggest regret of my life so far.  I reapplied years later, after I had met my husband and started dating him, and I had to write a letter begging them to take me back....they did.  They re-accepted me but by that time, I wasn't able to go back.  Life had caught up to me - I had a full time job with full time bills to pay.  And so, I didn't go.

Someday....Someday I'll go back and get a degree there.  How could I not??

No comments:

Post a Comment